First published in the Philadelphia Business Journal
By Lisa Dukart – Associate Editor, Philadelphia Business Journal Jun 9, 2023
Workplaces continue to evolve. Companies have adopted new work models, enhanced their spaces, and overhauled their benefits and perks in efforts to attract and retain talent.
Those decisions are proving fruitful for some, with a new survey finding that employee satisfaction at work has steadily risen over the past decade and reached a new benchmark in 2022. The annual Job Satisfaction report from the Conference Board found that 62.3% of American workers were satisfied with their job last year, a stark contrast from the 46.2% who reported job satisfaction in 2011.
Each year, the Philadelphia Business Journal recognizes the region’s top employers through our Best Places to Work program. We once again partnered with Quantum Workplace to identify those workplaces for 2023.
This year’s list includes 96 companies, which were ranked based on employee feedback gathered by Quantum through an online survey. Responses from each completed employee survey were compiled and evaluated, with winners chosen in each of the categories by their composite score.
The survey measures each company’s culture and takes into consideration compensation, benefits and trust in senior leadership.
Our Best Places to Work are divided into five categories based on company size. They are micro (10 to 24 employees), small (25 to 49 employees), medium (50 to 99 employees), large (100 to 449 employees), and extra-large (500 or more employees).
The three highest-ranked companies in each category will be revealed at a live event on July 27 and in a special print edition of the Business Journal on July 28.
Here are all of the 2023 Best Places to Work honorees for large companies, listed in alphabetical order:
Large (100-499 employees)
- Arthur J. Gallagher – Radnor
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney – Philadelphia
- ChenMed – Philadelphia
- CLA – Philadelphia
- Clark Capital Management – Philadelphia
- Essity – Philadelphia
- Green Lawn Fertilizing/Green Pest Solutions – West Chester
- Greenphire – King of Prussia
- Guidewire – Exton
- IMS Technology Services – Garnet Valley
- inSeption Group – Lansdale
- Johnson Kendall & Johnson – Newtown
- Mercury Financial – Wilmington, Delaware
- NFP – Warrington
- Pennrose – Philadelphia
- PeopleShare – Collegeville
- Post Brothers – Philadelphia
- PRECISIONscientia – Yardley
- RetireeFirst – Mount Laurel, New Jersey
- Scully Co. – Jenkintown
- Slalom – Philadelphia
- Smart Park & Expresspark – Essington
- Your Part-Time Controller – Philadelphia
Looking to join a team of passionate scientific storytellers? Check out our open roles .